Alta provides full-service management to nonprofit trade and professional associations.
With our formalized business processes—combined with our hands-on customer service and member relations–we’ve been able to help our client associations become more financially stable while growing their membership.
- Receptionist services: a person will greet all callers with “Thank you for calling (your association).”
- All messages receive a response within four hours (that’s our company policy).
- Maintaining mailing lists and databases for email, fax and mail messages and updates.
- Take and prepare meeting minutes for distribution.
Complete Financial Management
- Creating and managing annual budgets.
- Bookkeeping and accounting services.
- Regular reporting and transparent transactions.
- Credit card processing which is PCI compliant.
- Accepting online payments for dues and programs.
- A/R and A/P tracking and reporting.
- Banking services and monthly account reconciliation.
- Developing investment strategies and managing investments with regular reports.
- Managing annual third party reviews and outside audits.
- Preparation of Form 990 tax returns.
Meeting and Event Coordination
- Promote meetings through all channels, with follow-up.
- Select and secure site locations and negotiate contracts.
- Prepare agenda.
- Manage event registration.
- Take and prepare minutes for distribution.
- Post-meeting/event attendee survey.
- Maintain all member databases and registration/renewal through an online portal.
- Following up on all member concerns and suggestions.
- Create and update new member collateral as necessary.
- Mail new member packets within 24 hours of sign-up.
- Maintain up-to-date member database.
- Regular reports on member signups, activities and demographics.
- Full suite of business equipment and IT, with costs shared with other associations.
- Online systems such as membership directory, member registration and renewal, and automatic renewal and billing.
- Online conference and event registration and payment processing.
- Online development of conference program book in advance of each year’s meeting.
- Promotion and maintenance of the secure career center, which can generate additional non-dues revenue by selling posting space on the job board.
- Online education portal management with ability to host online courses and webinars and access to association publications.
- Online order processing and fulfillment.
- Developing and maintaining a disaster data recovery plan that will provide a speedy operational recovery from a server or component failure.
- Alta Management Services has experience in several types of association management software.